About the Department of Casualty
Trauma emergency Unit
- Trauma is the most common cause of death in persons under the age of 30. It constitute of all deaths Mortality can be reduced by appropriate handling of the injury by trained persons and adequate facility.
- Our trauma and Emergency unit (24×7) runs around the clock by well trained doctors, supported by on call consultants.
THE MOST COMMON EMERGENCIES ARE TRAUMA
- Major trauma, the term for patients with multiple injuries, often from a road traffic accident or a major fall, is initially handled in the emergency Department.
- The services that are provide in an emergency department can range from X – ray and the setting of broken bones. For managing trauma we following the ATLS principles of management
- HEART ATTACK
- Patients arriving to the emergency department with a myocardial inarction (heart attack) are shifted to the resuscitation area. They will receive oxygen and monitoring and have an early ECG;
- Morphine or diamorphine will be given for pain ;
- Sub lingual (under the tongue) or buccal (between check and upper gum) glyceryl trinitrate (nirroglycerin) GTN or NTG will be given, unless constriandicated.
- An ECG that reveals ST segment elevation or new left bundle branch block suggest complete blockage of one of the main coronary arteries. These patients require immediate reperfusion (re- opening ) of the occluded vessal.
- This can be achieved in two ways. Thrombolysis (Clo-busting medication) or percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplastry (PTCA)
- Both of these are effective in reducing significantly the mortality of myocardial infaraction.
- Asthma and COPD
- Acue exacerbation of chronic respiratory diseases, mainly asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are assessed as emergencies and treated with oxygen therapy, bronchodilators, steroids or theophylline, have an urgent chest X –Ray and arterial blood gases and are referred for intensive care if necessary.
- Anaphylaxis is medical emergency the may require resuscitation measures such as airway management, supplemental oxygen, large volumes of intravenous of choice with antithistamines and steroids (for example, dexamethasone ) often used as adjunts. A period of hospital observation for between 2 and 24 hours.
- Thorugh the hands of senior doctors, general practioner and experienced staff by grace of god we work in hand to hand in betterment of individual life.
- Acute Abromon is the commonest surgical emergency in which the pt is rentered severly ill and demands urgent interference.
MEET THE TEAM
Assisi Hospital offers today’s most effective health treatment, as well as individual attention and personal dedication from doctors who foster your confidence and hope. At Assisi, your hope is restored by an expert team of health specialists and some of the most advanced, capable and compassionate special care in the region. A team of highly trained, board-certified individual specialists with many decades of combined experience, Assisi continues a tradition of excellence with leading-edge health care capabilities, a team of experienced professionals, a team approach to patient care and state-of-the-art facilities designed for your comfort, hope and – most important of all – healing.